At Waimea Valley Hi'ipaka LLC staff is 'ohana.
As stewards and staff of this sacred Valley we strive in our daily responsibilities to Waimea and its host culture to celebrate and share a vibrant and living Hawaiian culture with the world.
You can email employee applications here or send to:
Hi'ipaka LLC, Waimea Valley
59-864 Kamehameha Highway
Haleiwa, HI 96712
Current Career Opportunities
Two year funded position- Paid Intern
Hi`ipaka LLC, Waimea Valley on the North Shore of Oahu (Haleiwa) is seeking a paid Botanical Library Intern for a two year funded position. The selected candidate will assist in the data collection and creation of the data set of the botanical collections in the botanical gardens and conservation areas in Waimea Valley.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides information and data to maintain an inventory, database and updated map of all resources.
• Works collaboratively with Botanical Group Manager, Conservation Land Manager, Botanical Collection Specialist and Horticultural Specialist and other staff to ensure proper identification, preservation and enhancement of resources.
• Participates in community activities as requested by the Botanical Group Manager and Conservation Land Manager.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Botanical Group Manager and Conservation Land Manager.
• Must be able to read site maps and landscape plans. Must be familiar with inventory control, labeling and database systems for resources collections.
• Must be knowledgeable about conservation issues and practices.
• Must have working knowledge regarding the propagation, selection, planting, maintenance, documentation, labeling, and mapping of botanical collections.
• Must be people-oriented and able to work well with others.
• Must be organized and self-starter. Must exercise independent judgment to prioritize projects and respond to situations as they arise without direct supervision.
• Must have good oral and written communication skills.
• Must project a professional demeanor.
EDUCATIONAL & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
• Must have a Bachelor's degree in library science, land resource management, conservation, horticulture, or other related field.
• Prior experience with Hawaii plant collections preferred
This is a temporary full time paid position for a period of two years and regular attendance on a daily basis is required. Waimea Valley is a seven day a week operation and night and weekend work is required. This position will be working both indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain. Hi`ipaka LLC provides excellent benefits- medical, dental, vision, 401(k) etc. Positive and meaningful visitor experience and service are core values in the management and stewardship of Waimea Valley. It is highly encouraged that staff possess cultural knowledge and practice to facilitate this mission with hospitality, sincerity and aloha.
Director of Business Operations
Seeking a Director of Business Operations to work with the Executive Director to manage all major income generating units to include admission, retail, food services and special events. Assists Executive Director in growing the business in a culturally appropriate way in compliance with acceptable business practices for nonprofits. This person must have good working knowledge of strategic management, financial, accounting and business systems and the ability to do financial forecasting and planning.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Budgeting and Finance: Works with Executive Director to prepare operating and capital budgets and monitor implementation of approved budgets.
Accounting: Oversees Food Services and Retail and Visitor Services accounting.
Operations: Reviews reports to analyze projections of revenue and profit against actual figures, budgeted expenses against final totals, and suggests methods of improving the planning process as appropriate. Meets regularly with Executive Director to provide technical financial advice and offer assistance in coordinating and prioritizing planning. Works with Executive Director to pinpoint opportunities and areas that need to be expanded, reorganized, downsized or eliminated. Advises the Executive Director, from the financial perspective, on any tour and special event contracts into which the Company may enter.
Human Resources Management: Carries out supervisory responsibilities (interviewing, training, assigning, directing, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining, investigating grievances and resolving disputes) over Food Services and Retail and Visitor Services in accordance with Company's policies and applicable laws.
Participates in community events and/or public relations activities as directed by LLC Managers and/or Executive Director.
Performs other duties as assigned by Executive Director
Educational and Training Requirements:
Must possess a Master’s degree in business administration, hospitality or related field.
At least ten (10)years business management experience, preferably in the hospitality sector.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your resume or our employment application to: email@example.com or fax to 808 638-7776. Hi`ipaka LLC offers a competitive salary and benefits- medical; dental, vision etc.; A pre-employment drug screening and background check will be required. We are an equal opportunity employer.