At Waimea Valley Hi'ipaka LLC staff is 'ohana.
As stewards and staff of this sacred Valley we strive in our daily responsibilities to Waimea and its host culture to celebrate and share a vibrant and living Hawaiian culture with the world.
You can email employee applications here or send to:
Hi'ipaka LLC, Waimea Valley
59-864 Kamehameha Highway
Haleiwa, HI 96712
Current Career Opportunities
Hi`ipaka LLC, Waimea Valley on the North Shore of Oahu is seeking a full time Security Guard that will be responsible for the protection, safeguarding, and security of the Waimea Valley's facilities and premises. This person will respond to emergency situations and patrol facilities and grounds at various shift's.
The Security Guard duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures Waimea Valley's areas, doors, windows, and gates are secured after hours
- Patrols facilities and premises on foot, in cars, or on golf carts to maintain order and to detect fires, unsafe conditions, thefts, vandalism, accidents, suspicious persons and/or unattended articles.
- Able to write detailed narrative reports and maintain daily activity reports
- Comfortable enforcing rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and responding to emergency situations requiring security assistance
- Must be able to work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid Hawaii Guard License
Hi`ipaka LLC, Waimea Valley on the North Shore of Oahu is seeking a Full Time Line Cook to work in our Food Services Unit.
The Line Cook will efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also performs other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains a guest focus while performing duties.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers,
- ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Refers to daily prep list at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, recipes, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line station to assure high quality service.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Handles, stores, labels, and rotates all products properly and in accordance to applicable state laws.
- Assists in closing the kitchen.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Food Services Group Manager or manager-on-duty.
High school diploma or equivalent.
A minimum five year’s experience in food service or the restaurant industry.
Director of Business Operations
Seeking a Director of Business Operations to work with the Executive Director to manage all major income generating units to include admission, retail, food services and special events. Assists Executive Director in growing the business in a culturally appropriate way in compliance with acceptable business practices for nonprofits. This person must have good working knowledge of strategic management, financial, accounting and business systems and the ability to do financial forecasting and planning.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Budgeting and Finance: Works with Executive Director to prepare operating and capital budgets and monitor implementation of approved budgets.
Accounting: Oversees Food Services and Retail and Visitor Services accounting.
Operations: Reviews reports to analyze projections of revenue and profit against actual figures, budgeted expenses against final totals, and suggests methods of improving the planning process as appropriate. Meets regularly with Executive Director to provide technical financial advice and offer assistance in coordinating and prioritizing planning. Works with Executive Director to pinpoint opportunities and areas that need to be expanded, reorganized, downsized or eliminated. Advises the Executive Director, from the financial perspective, on any tour and special event contracts into which the Company may enter.
Human Resources Management: Carries out supervisory responsibilities (interviewing, training, assigning, directing, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining, investigating grievances and resolving disputes) over Food Services and Retail and Visitor Services in accordance with Company's policies and applicable laws.
Participates in community events and/or public relations activities as directed by LLC Managers and/or Executive Director.
Performs other duties as assigned by Executive Director
Educational and Training Requirements:
Must possess a Master’s degree in business administration, hospitality or related field.
At least ten (10)years business management experience, preferably in the hospitality sector.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your resume or our employment application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 808 638-7776. Hi`ipaka LLC offers a competitive salary and benefits- medical; dental, vision etc.; A pre-employment drug screening and background check will be required. We are an equal opportunity employer.